It’s important to consider whether you want to install a new water heater in the coming year. Think of how you’d feel if you got ready for work on a cold morning and wanted to take a warm shower, only to be confronted with ice water. You might not be able to wash your clothing or do the dishes. If your present water heater doesn’t provide hot water for these things, you may not be able to get a shower or do a load of laundry. It’s important to consider whether you need a water heater installation or repair, if your water isn’t getting hot.
Is It Time for a Water Heater Installation?
It may be wise to consider installing a water heater now if you are unsure, especially if:
- Your water heater is older and therefore has a higher chance of breaking down.
- You want to ensure that your heating requirements are met when you move into a new home.
- Hot water is contaminated with bacteria and can be dangerous to your health.
- Your family’s water heating needs are not being met.
- Your water heater’s tank is causing you too much trouble (leaks, cracks, corrosion, etc.).
You should contact Autry Plumbing if one of the following situations applies to you. Water heaters are an excellent fit for your home if one of these applies to you.
Factors to Consider
There are numerous long-term advantages to finding the right water heater, such as lower energy costs and longer-lasting water heating capabilities. When replacing your water heater, keep these factors in mind. This fall and winter, please consider these five essential factors before you invest money in the nearest water heater if you want to ensure that you have hot water every day.
- Hot Water Needs – An individual’s hot water requirements are unique and should be considered before anything else. How many plumbing fixtures are in your home? Do you live with a large number of people? Before moving forward, you should determine what you want from a new water heater. Your route will be much more straightforward once you figure out what you want.
- Water Heater Types – There are now a variety of water heating models available to you. You don’t have to settle for that conventional water heater. You may also choose tankless, solar, indirect, and coil water heaters. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. For example, a tankless water heater has an impressive efficiency rate of 96%. It may save up to $100 annually on operating costs, but it requires higher installation costs than other varieties.
- Energy Efficiency – Do you want to reduce your energy bills? How can you get hot water in your home for all purposes without spending even more on energy bills? An energy-efficient water heater can help you do that. Even if you install a sophisticated water heater in your home, it might not be very eco-friendly. Solar water heaters need less fuel to heat water, resulting in lower energy costs and reduced carbon footprints.
- Fuel Type – Today, gas and electric water heaters are the most prevalent, although some newer ones utilize solar energy or propane. When choosing what sort of water heater to get, you must consider the fuel type. For example, if you want to switch from an electric water heater to a gas one because you are struggling with high electricity bills, you should think about the gas one, which will be more economical on energy.
- The Water Heater’s size – The measurement and examination of your home before installation are essential because hot water needs and water heater size often coincide. It is crucial to determine whether your preferred option will be able to fit in your physical space before work begins. If your water heater is too small, it will be inefficient, more likely to be replaced, and will fail to provide hot water for everyone.
You also want to be sure that you get the correct water heater. Otherwise, you should seek the services of Autry Plumbing immediately. Without professional assistance, you may end up with a water heater that will be less energy-efficient and cost you even more to fix. Another potential hazard is that the wrong type may produce carbon monoxide, which could poison your family. Because our plumbing technicians provide the best water heater installation for your needs, we’re confident that you’ll have a more pleasant shower every morning. There are no more cold morning showers and no more discomfort during the fall and winter. We constantly endeavor to provide the highest level of service to ensure your satisfaction. CONTACT Autry Plumbing TODAY!
(828) 392-7680 Asheville, NC
If you enjoyed this article, you may also like: How to Find the Best Plumber